Isabelle Okane interviewed Claire Boonstra from Layar at eComm.
* Claire wields her smartphone like a lightsaber.
* “Very soon will be head-mounted displays.” (Soon is translated in dutch as not next year)
* Tons of Layars available in Amsterdam.
*Layer 3.0 will include 3D (demo of windmills and dome foiled by a weak battery.)
* The 3D dome (not seen in the video) can be walked into and experienced as if you were in a different place including skyview and sounds.
* Release for Layar 3.0 in a few weeks.
Nice job Isabelle with the scoop.
Social comments and analytics for this post…
This post was mentioned on Twitter by thomaskcarpente: Layer 3.0 coming in a few weeks with 3D http://tinyurl.com/yap8cyb #ar #augmented 3D experience dome will create panorama of strange places…
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Antonella Stellacci, Jo Figueiredo, AugmentedPlanet, Tom Carpenter, Dr. Andreas Schaefer and others. Dr. Andreas Schaefer said: That should be exciting…. @AugmentedPlanet: @thomaskcarpente: Layer 3.0 coming in a few weeks with 3D http://tinyurl.com/yap8cyb #ar […]