The other day some friends and I were having a discussion about our all time favorite books. You know the ones that even years later you remember and just hearing the title sparks memories. The kind that tug on your soul in some way, or in my case sparked the desire to be a writer. I’ve always been fascinated by how just 26 letters arranged in various ways can conjure so many emotions.
I love hearing about people’s favorite books. The lists are always so varied, and I am often driven to read some new ones just from the excitement of the person sharing their list. For me it’s always difficult to narrow down a list of favorites.
There are many more that I could add to this list, but I tried to keep it short. I also realize our minds have a way of remembering the recent past a bit easier, so a lot of these I have read much more recently, but a few are from my childhood. These are in no particular order.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Dragonsong by Anne McCafferty
- The Dark Tower by Steven King
- Snow Crash by Neal Stevenson
- Velocity Weapon by Megan O’Keefe
- Jade City by Fonda Lee
- Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
What are some of your favorite books? Are any of these on your list? Leave a comment and share your list with me. I’d love to see everyone’s list!