I’d like to take a moment and review the AR happenings around the net in the last month about augmented reality.
* Lots of conference news in the last month. Thankfully, the eyes on the scene, Ori Inbar, has brought back tons of interesting inside information: IGC East, E3 09, Where 2.0 and reflections on the GDC.
* Interesting posts from a variety of blogs: AR Hype Cycle, Metaio’s AR Software Demo and High Visual Quality AR Demonstration. I’m certain I’m missing lots of other good posts around the AR blogs. If I missed you here, send me a line and I’ll add it.
* Many AR marketing campaigns (I’m not going to bother linking them): Papa Johns, Star Trek, Eminem, BMW, Toyota, Night at the Museum 2 and another half-dozen I’ve forgotten already.
* On my own site, my most popular posts have been: The Path To Augmented Vision, Creating the Cloud and How to Automate the Digitization of the World. The last one is from March, but it still continues to be my top post.
* Lastly, I’ve started a weekly AR comic called Augment This! and posted an AR short story called There Is No Truth In The Digital Sea. The short story takes place about twenty years from now when augmented vision is commonplace.
Whew. It certainly seems like activity in the AR world has been picking up. I think the rest of 2009, AR will continue to grow and 2010 will be the real breakout year as good AR products will hit the market and start catching consumers eyes and wallets.