Like most people at the end of the year I like to reflect on the things that happened, put together a list of my favorites, and start setting goals for the next year.
It has been a very busy year on the writing front for me. I’ve written over 760,000 words in 2022 and published 8 books, completing Season One of the Hundred Halls. We successfully funded 2 Kickstarter campaigns and created our own direct sales store. We’re certainly doing all we can to make this full time writing gig work.
I did make time to do some fun things as well. Some highlights were climbing two 14,000’+ mountains (Princeton and Elbert), celebrating our 25th anniversary in Hawaii, visiting 5 National Parks, tons of live music, and lots of time spent hiking the mountains around our small town.
This is a list of some of my favorite things from the year (in no particular order):
- Everything Everywhere All At Once (movie)
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (movie)
- Stranger Things Season Four (netflix series)
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (book)
- Green Bone Saga by Fonda Lee (book series)
- New Gold by Gorillaz ft. Tame Impala & Bootie Brown (song)
- House of the Dragon Season One (HBO series)
- 14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible (documentary)
- Bone Shard Emperor by Andrea Stewart (book)
- WE by Arcade Fire (album)
Did you see/hear/read any of these? What were some of your 2022 highlights? I’d love to hear them. Just leave a comment to share with me.