Interesting options contained within the Layar 3.0 release. Auto-trigger actions and POI-to-POI capability will help people make games and other products. I’d love to see a good cheesy choose-your-own-adventure using real places and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy style zaniness.
Layar 3.0 Publishing Site is up
Changes this release:
- 3D Objects (see the Layar Wiki for details)
- Unlimited POI types
- Support for more textbox and slider filters
- New checkboxlist filter – there can be more than one
- User authentication – cookies
- Auto-triggered actions
- Local layers – a new way to define and find layers
- Flexible radius – Return as many POIs as you need, and then set the radius
- Improved layer validation, and automatic support for older client versions
- POI-to-POI capability, for story-telling and guided tours
If you find any problems, please help us out by sending bug reports to email@example.com.